Save Money Ideas
Saving money brings benefits that will endure for the rest of your life. Begin to save money today.
1. Save on EnergyHave an expert check the insulation in your house to make sure it is adequate. If it is not, insulate where needed. You can do open areas, such as the attic, yourself. It will save both heating and cooling costs.
2. Save on EnergyTurn off the air conditioning and open the windows in moderate weather.
3. Save on EnergyWear warm clothes in the house in cold weather so you can lower your thermostat setting.
4. Save on EnergyTake care of home repairs as soon as the need arises. Delay can make the problem worse and repair costs higher.
5. Save on EnergyClose the doors and turn off the heat or air conditioning to rooms that you are not using.
6. Save on EnergyChoose equipment with higher energy efficiency ratios (EER). Check the labels for EER.
7. Save on EnergyMove to a smaller house if the one you live in is bigger than you really need.
8. Save on EnergyUse energy saving window treatments, such as insulated or heavy draperies and storm windows.
9. Save on TransportationKeep your car in good running condition. It will be safer and will cost less to operate.
10. Save on TransportationWalk more; drive less. You will save gasoline and improve your health.